6.09.2012

Raw Food Recipe: Blueberry Watermelon Cooler

blueberry watermelon cooler

For me, eating a slice of watermelon after a summer workout is incredibly refreshing and revitalizing. Whether it's running, biking, walking, gardening, wind surfing, rock climbing, or yoga, watermelon feels like the perfect amount of sweetness and juiciness to revive your body.

My favorite variety are the small seedless watermelons that have a deep rich, red interior. These small personal watermelons are excellent in blended drinks because the tiny seeds just disappear in the mix, and you don't have to spend time picking them out beforehand. Here I paired watermelon with a handful of frozen blueberries which are packed with antioxidants, vitamin C, dietary fiber, and manganese. Think of blueberries as nature's medicine on steroids :)

Raw Food Recipe: Blueberry Watermelon Cooler

Serves 1

3/4 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup seedless watermelon
1/2 cup water

  1. Slice off a piece watermelon and remove the rind. Chop the watermelon into 1 inch chunks.
  2. Add frozen blueberries, watermelon, and water to your blender and mix until smooth.

1 comment:

  1. oo that sounds so refreshing! i still love to buy a big 'ol watermelon, cut it up and slurp it down while sitting on the front porch....ahhhh summa time!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)