7.30.2012

Kirtan & Krishna Das

krishna das wanderlust california 2012
krishna das @ wanderlust california 2012

I went up to Squaw Valley this weekend to see Krishna Das perform at Wanderlust California. If you've never heard or experienced kirtan performed by Krishna Das, it's incredibly opening, and I highly encourage you to check out this type of devotional singing. Kirtan is a call-and-response chanting tradition from India and not only opens you up to seeing your inner self, but also forms deeper bonds with the people around you.

Here's a video of Krishna Das singing the Sweet Gates of Nectar with a beautiful explanation about the role of Hanuman, a Hindu monkey god.


1 comment:

  1. When I lived in Chattanooga, I was a singer in a Kirtan group...we sang at Yoga studios...Kirtan is the only way my voice sounds ok enough to sing in public...weird, huh? I love Kirtan...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)