7.18.2012

Raw Food Recipe: Peachy Blackberry Slushie

peachy blackberry slushie

Hot summer days have me longing for special treats from my youth such as Popsicles and snow cones. However, healthy frozen delights seem out of my reach during a busy day when I don't have time to run to the store. Then it dawned on me that a slushie is just as satisfying, and I have all the ingredients on hand.

I keep a variety of frozen fruit in my freezer, so I all need is ice and water. The last several weeks I've tried a few different kinds of slushies; however, for this post I've provided a recipe for one of my favorites. Other ideas might be strawberry lemonade, peach ginger, raspberry mango, lemon lime, lemon mint, blueberry, etc. The possibilities are endless.

No need to wait around for a fancy granita or your own homemade Popsicle to finish chilling, just use ice, fruit, blender, and your imagination to make something equally frozen and delish!

Raw Food Recipe: Peachy Blackberry Slushie

Serves 2

1 cup sliced peaches (frozen)
1/3 cup blackberries (frozen)
1/2 cup ice
2 1/2 cup water
Raw honey, maple syrup, stevia, dates, or agave nectar (optional sweetener)

  1. Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until you have a smooth, slush-like consistency.
  2. If you would like something a bit sweeter, choose one of the optional sweeteners and adjust to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)