9.21.2012

Flags for Peace Project 2012

Kitty Prayer Flags, Beth Hemmila


Today is the opening of the Flags for Peace Project 2012. To see more of these flags visit the Flags for Peace Project by clicking here.

I created what I call my Kitty Prayer Flags by combining some of my ideas from the sketches I drew with some other stuff happening in my life.


Kitty Prayer Flags, Beth Hemmila


Matching some positive affirmations I've been writing over the last year by using the Lemonade Mantras process with tiny drawings of my cat Hugo who recently passed away, I scanned these into my computer and reworked them into pseudo woodblock images.  I reversed the images, printed them on some light fabric transfer paper, and then ironed them onto some fabric squares I purchased.  It was an incredibly simple process, and the results are quite cheerful.


Kitty Prayer Flags, Beth Hemmila

I only made eight drawings and so they fit perfectly in my small studio space as my prayer flag/kitty mantra laundry line.

6 comments:

  1. I love the flags!. Nice tribute to Hugo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for loving these tiny flags and seeing Hugo's spirit in them!

      Delete
  2. I love how you included Hugo in the flags. These are fantastic and extra special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cynthia for enjoying this tribute!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks so much for loving how these turned out!

      Delete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)