10.31.2012

Lemonade Vortex

Lemonade Vortex

This beautiful Lemon Vortex glass bead was a gift from my friend Genea Crivello-Knable, the designer of Genea Beads on Etsy.

I love holding this tiny sculpture in my hands because it reminds me of Dale Chihuly's work -- glass that I could gaze at but never touch.

I think that's what has drawn me away from large scale sculpture and moved me toward personal adornment. Being able to connect with people who make things that you wear, touch, and become intimate with feels more powerful to me.

A big thank you to Genea for sharing her creative spirit with me and giving me something that I can touch over and over again to remember our connection.

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully photographed too! Luscious. Yes, it reminds me of Chihuly and his fabulous ceiling works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely gift! How fitting, since you wrote, "Lemonade Mantras"!

    And I agree, there's something amazing about the tactile connections we build with touch and memory. I love artwork, but wearable artwork is something special. It seems to live and breathe with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Beth! I have so much enjoyed taking your courses. I was happy to share some of my art with you. I love this wonderful simple design. I am so glad you had a chance to design something for yourself :) xo Genea

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)