10.29.2012

Surrender to Aggression



The teaching in this video may be a little bit difficult to understand because to absorb Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche's wisdom you must first believe in the unreality of things. In this video, he calls it "the trip" or you may call it the story or tape running through your head: What you believe is happening is only a trick of the mind and its limited perception.

I hope you make it to the end, because there Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche offers an incredible gift of learning how to give of yourself. He says that when you meet aggression with giving, you will feel a tremendous amount of relief.

In small moments when I am met with aggression, I've seen glimmers of this in me, but always when it truly matters, when the stakes seem high, and I'm about to open to this experience, something else takes over and I fall into the same old pitfalls of defensive behavior.

This week when you meet aggression may you surrender to it, meet it with curiosity, and open to giving.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)