11.22.2012

Raw Food Recipe: Spicy Hot Chocolate

spicy hot chocolate ginger raw food recipe
spicy hot chocolate

Happy Thanksgiving!! I hope you are enjoying some delicious food with friends and family. Here's a little spicy treat to keep you warm during the holiday season. This toasty drink is dairy free and adds ginger to the traditional Mexican hot chocolate recipe. Well, technically I suppose it's not raw because I've heated it up, but it just wouldn't be the same cold!

Raw Food Recipe: Spicy Hot Chocolate

2 - 8 oz. servings

2 cups water
1 teaspoon of fresh ginger
1/8 cup of raw almonds
2 tablespoons of raw cacao powder (or carob powder)
1 tablespoon of raw honey (more for a sweeter taste)
dash of cayenne pepper, ground cinnamon, and vanilla extract

Throw all the ingredients in a blender and mix on high. A Vitamix blender works best for breaking down the almonds into a milky substance. Warm the mixture up on the stove and serve. Yum! Now you're ready for the snow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)