3.13.2013

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe

gluten free peanut butter cookie dough recipe
gluten free peanut butter cookies

My friend LeAnn Weih at Summers Studio turned me on to the homemade Larabar recipes over at Chocolate-Covered Katie: The Healthy Dessert blog. Katie has a bunch of great ideas, and I fell in love with her peanut butter cookie dough recipe.

Unfortunately, because most peanuts are roasted they are not on the raw food diet. If you do buy raw peanuts, they taste more like a bean rather then a nut because technically they're legumes. Also, there is a little matter of aflatoxin that deters people from eating them raw.

Nevertheless, I do miss the flavor of peanut butter because it reminds me of childhood, so I like a handful of roasted ones to snack on from time to time. I used Katie's peanut butter cookie dough recipe but with a few modifications:

  1. I didn't use any peanut butter. I just used Spanish peanuts and threw in a dash of olive olive to make everything stick together.
  2. My raisins were a little bit dry and stiff, so I softened and plumped them up in hot water beforehand so I think this may have helped everything stick together too.
  3. My peanuts were already salted so I didn't add any more.

So if you're really desperate like I was for a peanut butter cookie fix, you only need three ingredients: peanuts, raisins, and olive oil.

Thank you Katie! You are so right, these cookies are seriously addictive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)