6.28.2013

Mind & Body Wellness: Soul vs. Personality

soul river creek bed stream mountain california sierra nevada
soul river

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.
- Rumi

Can you think of one personal characteristic or talent that you feel embodies the essence of your soul? How many of your desires or needs are motivated by the fear of poverty, criticism, loss of love, illness, aging, and death? Are these needs clinging, desperate, grasping or are they open and free? Are there pure needs that arise out of your soul and not motivated by fear but rather by the desire to be most fully alive, expressing and sharing your true nature?

These are the questions I was asking myself last year because I began to notice that fear motivated me to do certain things. The fear of criticism, conflict, loss of affection and respect kept me chained to needs that were not part of my deepest nature. These reactions were coming from what I call my personality. The fragile part of me that can become disconnected from my soul if I'm not careful. It's the part of me that wants to avoid emotional pain at the expense of my soul's deepest yearnings.

To discover the true desires of your soul I created an exercise called Soul vs. Personality. It's a simple worksheet you can download by clicking here.

To have me facilitate a workshop or retreat on developing a relationship with your soul, visit my Web site by clicking here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)