7.17.2013

Marrakesh One of Kind Necklace

Marrakesh Necklace by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
Marrakesh, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): handknotted gemstone necklace

One day he did not leave after kissing me.
- Rabia

The colors for this one-of-a-kind Marrakesh necklace were inspired by the movie W.E. -- a romantic film co-written and directed by Madonna. It's not a stand out movie, but interesting in that it tells the grand love story of Wallis Simpson and King Edward VIII from a different perspective.







Madonna does have impeccable taste, and if nothing else W.E. has a gorgeous artistic style worth watching. My Marrakesh necklace was inspired by a dance scene in a blue room where everyone is dressed in black and white and little dots of color are scattered throughout the set.

From the red lipstick to the yellow flowers, the whole scene is a carefully choreographed and artfully painted moment on stage. If you click on the video above you'll see a brief glimpse of this scene about 20 seconds in.



Marrakesh Necklace by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
Marrakesh, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): handknotted gemstone necklace


The room in this scene reminded me of paintings of Morocco so I called the necklace Marrakesh. It's lovely to wear for it looks like you have a little snippet of a Moroccan carpet dangling from your neck.



Marrakesh Necklace by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
Marrakesh, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): handknotted gemstone necklace


You can wear this Marrakesh necklace alone or purchase Hint charms to slip on and off whenever you choose.


Marrakesh Necklace by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
Marrakesh, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): handknotted gemstone necklace


Marrakesh even has a few rubies to celebrate the birthstone for souls born during the month of July.

5 comments:

  1. Love this! Dress it up or down.. It goes w/anything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for loving this piece! It does feel casually elegant and adds a pop of color to the simplest outfits or a little black dress :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful piece! Love the story behind it, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my...really makes me want to drag out my beads and go for more color too..gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacie! It's so rare that I get this daring with color so I appreciate the lovely feedback :)

      Delete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)