7.31.2013

Raw Food Recipe: Asian Caribbean Carrot Coconut Salad

raw food salad asian caribbean carrots celery coconut recipe
raw food asian caribbean carrot coconut salad

This is a simple and flavor-filled recipe that uses staple ingredients that you may already have stocked in your kitchen. I like to make this raw food salad in the summer because the sweetness of the raisins and coconut remind me of Caribbean food and hanging out at the beach.

Turn up the reggae music and dig in!

Raw Food Recipe: Asian Caribbean Carrot Coconut Salad

Serves 1

1 stalk of celery sliced
1 small carrot shredded
handful of raisins
handful of dried coconut flakes

Dressing:
1/8 cup olive oil
1 clove garlic minced
1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
1 teaspoon of Tamari sauce
2 teaspoons of lime juice (or lemon)
dash of red pepper flakes

  1. Place all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together with a fork.
  2. In a separate bowl, toss together the sliced celery, shredded carrot, and raisins.
  3. Pour the dressing on top of the salad and mix it together.
  4. Top your salad with a handful of dried coconut flakes.

You could serve this raw salad over brown rice if you want something warm to go with it.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely can see this over brown rice! How about couscous? btw, how about toasted coconut flakes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! I love all your ideas. I'll have to try the toasted coconut this week :)

      Delete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)