7.15.2013

Raw Food Recipe: Marinated Beets & Onions With Fennel Seeds

raw food recipe marinated beets fennel seeds onions healthy gluten free
raw food recipe: marinated beets and onions with fennel seeds

This is another beet recipe I find pretty tasty: tart, savory, salty, and with the added twist of fennel.

Raw Food Recipe: Marinated Beets & Onions with Fennel Seeds

Serves 2

1 small beet
2 tablespoons white onion
1-2 teaspoons of fennel seeds

Marinade:
1/3 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon sea salt

  1. In a medium-sized bowl, add the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and salt. Whisk together the marinade. You may need to adjust the amount of the ingredients for the marinade depending on the size of your beet. The marinade needs to cover all beet slices.
  2. Peel and wash the beet. Cut the beet into very thin slices and then chop into bite-sized bits. 
  3. Slice the onion into thin pieces.
  4. Add the beet and onion to the bowl with the marinade and let it sit for 2 hours.
  5. Remove the beet and onion from the marinade. Discard the marinade.
  6. Serve the beet and onion salad on a plate and top with fennel seeds for a garnish.

2 comments:

  1. My mom had a similar version minus the fennel seeds.. when i was a kid i would cringe when i saw her making it... i could kick myself for not being more adventurous and trying it back then! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neat that this is like something your mom made! When I think of all the years I skipped eating beets, I'm like you -- where was my sense of adventure? I'm making up for it now :) xoxo Beth

      Delete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)