|raw food recipe: marinated beets and onions with fennel seeds|
This is another beet recipe I find pretty tasty: tart, savory, salty, and with the added twist of fennel.
Raw Food Recipe: Marinated Beets & Onions with Fennel SeedsServes 2
1 small beet
2 tablespoons white onion
1-2 teaspoons of fennel seeds
1/3 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and salt. Whisk together the marinade. You may need to adjust the amount of the ingredients for the marinade depending on the size of your beet. The marinade needs to cover all beet slices.
- Peel and wash the beet. Cut the beet into very thin slices and then chop into bite-sized bits.
- Slice the onion into thin pieces.
- Add the beet and onion to the bowl with the marinade and let it sit for 2 hours.
- Remove the beet and onion from the marinade. Discard the marinade.
- Serve the beet and onion salad on a plate and top with fennel seeds for a garnish.