8.08.2013

Desert Sage One of Kind Necklace

desert sage fluorite peridot sterling silver necklace beth hemmila hint jewelry
Desert Sage, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): fluorite and peridot necklace


I never knew the desert landscape lived in my soul until I spent time in the Southwest and then finally moved to Nevada. I love the blue sky that stretches overhead, the bright sun that beats down on your skin, and the crunching sound of your feet make on a dry dirt trail. Everything feels simple and clear here.



sage reno nevada beth hemmila photo great basin desert
 sage country


However, the greatest surprise is my love of sage. My daily hikes are like walking into nature's fragrant palace, where I feel both comforted and soothed by these hearty plants.

The health benefits of sage have been known for thousands of years and can be used to treat not only sore throats, infections, and joint pain but also spiritual healing through ancient smudging ceremonies.



desert sage fluorite peridot sterling silver necklace beth hemmila hint jewelry
Desert Sage, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): fluorite and peridot necklace


This one of a kind Desert Sage necklace was inspired by my walks out in the Great Basin Desert of Nevada and features fluorite gemstones, which are known to soothe and alleviate emotional stress. It's like wearing sage aromatherapy around your neck!



desert sage fluorite peridot sterling silver necklace beth hemmila hint jewelry
Desert Sage, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): flourite and peridot necklace


I included a bright green peridot off the back of this Desert Sage necklace to add some contrast and bit of sparkle.



desert sage spider charm sterling silver necklace beth hemmila hint jewelry
Desert Sage, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): sterling silver spider charm


A charm from Hint Jewelry can be purchased and added to the Desert Sage necklace as a permanent focal point.



desert sage stick earrings sterling silver wire beth hemmila hint jewelry
Desert Sage, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): sterling silver and fluorite earrings


For added fun, I created these limited edition Desert Sage earrings. They're both simple, modern and the color is so subtle that they can be worn with almost anything.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I see the ocean... That sage reminds me of the gorgeous greens of the sea... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I like that picture in my head :)

      Delete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)