8.22.2013

Mists of Avalon One of Kind Necklace

Mists of Avalon Necklace by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
Mists of Avalon, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): sterling silver and gemstone necklace

Love is the only prayer I know. 
- Marion Zimmer Bradley, The Mists of Avalon

I love to escape into a good fantasy novel! I discovered the The Mists of Avalon while traveling around Europe as a college student. Yearning to read English, I happened upon the The Mists of Avalon at a German bookstore and promptly read it twice that spring.


Mists of Avalon Necklace by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
Mists of Avalon, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): sterling silver and gemstone necklace


If you haven't read the book, and you like fantasy fiction, I don't recommend watching the movie. It doesn't come close to capturing what Marion Zimmer Bradley is trying to do with the The Mists of Avalon, which is telling the tale of King Arthur through the eyes of influential women -- Morgan le Fay and Guinevere.

If you love King Arthur's court, knights, druids, magic, and history, then you will surely delight in  The Mists of Avalon as a fun reworking of a traditional story.



Mists of Avalon Necklace by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
Mists of Avalon, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): sterling silver horse and moon charms


This one of a kind Mists of Avalon necklace has a little bit of magic imbued in it and can be worn alone or a charm from Hint Jewelry can be purchased to be added and removed as desired.

3 comments:

  1. I love your necklace and I love the book too. I liked her Darkover series even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Gunilla! I haven't read the Darkover series. You may have just given me the inspiration for fall reading!! Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my but the mists of avalon takes me back so many years. Wonderful book and one I think I should revisit. The necklace really does evoke the memory of that book. Thank you so much for the reminder that there are beautiful empowering stories sitting on my book case.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)