10.17.2013

Charms as Miniature Symbolic Portraits

In the beginning, when I was designing charms for Hint Jewelry, they were miniature portraits of family and friends -- symbolic portraits of the relationships I love. One of the coolest things about selling these charms is to have someone purchase a portrait of a friend. It's like gifting a secret spirit to stranger for contained within the essence of these charms is the symbolic medicine that benefits all.

When I wear Hint charms that are symbolic portraits of friends, even though they may not live near me, I can benefit by having them hang next to my heart.


Sterling Silver Charms by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
Saskia: sterling silver owl charm for my former cat Saskia




Sterling Silver Charms by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
Courage: sterling silver lion charm for my former cat Hugo




Sterling Silver Charms by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
Sierra: sterling silver fox charm for my former cat Sierra




Sterling Silver Charms by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
Flirt: silver seahorse charm for my friend Vicki & Love Dog: sterling silver dog charm for my friend Sue




Sterling Silver Charms by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
Wind Horse: sterling silver horse charm as a self-portrait, Firebird: sterling silver phoenix charm for my former husband, Lighten Up: sterling silver heart charm for my former mother-in-law, Deer Medicine: silver deer for my mother

4 comments:

  1. Sierra resembles a bit of my Kalei... makes me wonder what symbol she would fit... I like the ones u chose for your fur babies...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kitty sisters! I love torties. It would be interesting to hear what symbol you see in Kalei. Thank you so much for loving these symbols! xoxo Beth

      Delete
    2. Too hard to pick just one.. she fits the hen charm as well as the wolf.... when she was a kitty she would try and groom my hair- which was not exactly fun for me..and the wolf because she is one dare devil and sometimes misses her mark! lol

      Delete
    3. Oh I love it! Two very different sides of your kitty. She sounds like a sweetie and yet strong too!

      Delete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)