10.02.2013

Free Jewelry Making Tutorial: Polymer Clay Pendant Necklace

Free Jewelry Tutorial Polymer Clay Pendant Necklace by Beth Hemmila Hint Jewelry
painted polymer clay dragonfly pendant necklace

Over the summer I made polymer clay pendants with some kids, which we then decorated using acrylic paints. I had forgotten how much fun playing with simple clay and paint could be. By gradually layering and wiping away successive layers of paint you can create incredibly subtle moods and expressions.

The tools and materials are easily found a craft store like Michael's and fairly inexpensive: polymer clay, stamps, something to make a hole like a straw, oven, acrylic paint and brushes, Mod Podge, and cord. This would be a great craft project for making handmade holiday presents for friends and family.

Click here to follow an easy tutorial by Amy over at Then She Made...

For artistic inspiration check out Heather Powers work at Humblebeads or Polymer Clay Daily.

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I am going to be proposing a class like this for my daughter's middle school for the spring. I have a lot of bezels that I am not using and will teach them some of my tricks. I just spent three days in DC for ArtBliss and got to meet my idol and mentor and all around rock star of polymer clay, Christine Damm, and now I have a lot of new tools and tips and techniques to add to my arsenal. I am on the hunt for a set of colors that we used. I can't wait to get them and get back to playing with clay! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neat! That sounds like fun Erin and thanks for reminding about Christine Damm. Sounds like ArtBliss was rejuvenating and enlightening! xoxo Beth

      Delete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)