10.22.2013

The Enlightening Mat: 52 Meditations on Life and Yoga

The Enlightening Mat: 52 Meditations on Life and Yoga by Beth Hemmila

 When your heart is light you help others become more light too. By reading
 The Enlightening Mat and using the exercises to work with the material
 of your life, you will shine more peace and light into the world.

*****

Back in 2012, I wanted to write a book about what I was learning through yoga. So over the course of one year, each week I sat down to write about the lessons yoga and my teachers were sharing with me. I called this blog series The Enlightening Mat.

This blog series is now compiled in a book called The Enlightening Mat: 52 Meditations on Life and Yoga and can be purchased at Lulu.com by clicking here.

What's unique about this book is that each chapter is quick and easy to read -- usually no more than two pages -- and it's so compact that you can stash it in your purse as a daily meditation guide.

Also, at the end of each chapter is an exercise that gives you a way to play with this teaching in your own life. I conveniently wrote 52 meditations that coincided with my own transformation, which you could use by reading one chapter a week to develop deeper awareness about your life over the course of one year.  To check out a preview click here.

Even though this book was inspired by yoga, you don't have to be an avid yoga practitioner to read The Enlightening Mat. Yoga was just the vehicle that allowed me to learn universal lessons -- things that I am still absorbing and applying to my life.

It's one of the few books that I reflect on daily for The Enlightening Mat isn't really about yoga rather it's a guidebook that provides a road map for living a more fully present and peaceful life.

I'm forever indebted to my yoga community and teachers who shared their gems of wisdom that are continually helping me live a more enlightened life.

I bow to you in deepest gratitude and love,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)