11.27.2013

Free Jewelry Making Tutorial: Seed Bead Weaving & Free Patterns

Free Jewelry Making Seed Bead Weaving and Free Patterns Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
Amethyst Ambiance Bracelet, Kimberly Benac at LifeBeats

Bead weaving is one of the few jewelry making techniques I haven't tried. Though recently I've been doing more research on it.

This beaded cuff designed by my friend Kimberly Benac is so delicate and comforting to wear. I love how you can can make something that simulates fabric from just simple beads and thread. Also, bead weaving techniques can be found in many ancient cultures and connects you to the primal rhythm of life.

While surfing the Internet, I came across a series of bead weaving videos by Jill Wiseman. The video below covers the Flat Square Stitch. She also has another one for the Ladder Stitch.

You might want to check out her instructional book called Jill Wiseman's Beautiful Beaded Rope.

For ease and convenience Jill Wiseman also sells bead weaving kits and patterns to get you started. This might be a fun gift to give a friend for the holidays!






For more information and free patterns for bead weaving check out these other Web sites:

Beadwork.about.com
Fire Mountain gems patterns, instructions, and video tutorials
Sandra D. Halpenny free bead patterns
Beading Daily Free Beadweaving Patterns
Bead & Button Free Beading Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)