11.01.2013

Mind & Body Wellness: The Hero's Journey

buddha nature

We have only to follow the thread of the hero path. Where we had thought to find an abomination, we shall find a god; where we had thought to slay another, we shall slay ourselves; where we have thought to travel outwards, we shall come to the center of our own existence; where we had thought to be alone, we shall be with all the world.
- Joseph Campbell, The Hero with a Thousand Faces

Joseph Campbell has been teaching me important stuff for over 20 years. Here is one of my favorite quotes from a book that changed my life. Recently, I read this quote again and realized that in subtle ways I had written about the hero's path on my blog. Here are some previous blog posts that give you ways for activating the hero's journey:


2 comments:

  1. loved Joseph Campbell ..thanks for sharing this..you always give me things to contemplate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'the power of myth' is one of my favorite books -
    interestingly enough, this book is on my nightstand. now i cannot wait to start!
    a beautiful passage by campbell
    consistently wonderful posts from you over the years.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)