12.11.2013

Easy Homemade Gluten Free Brown Rice and Quinoa Cracker Recipe

Easy Gluten Free Rice and Quinoa Cracker Recipe by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
Gluten Free Rosemary, Garlic, Rice and Quinoa Crackers


I love crunchy snacks, and one day after eating some store bought rice crackers, I wondered if there was a recipe for making them at home. In my search, I stumbled upon a free recipe for homemade Mary's Gone Crackers over at the blog My Whole Food Life.

This copycat recipe for Mary's Gone Crackers -- a gluten free cracker that you can purchase at health food stores -- is so easy to make. This discovery set me off on a new obsession with baking my own crackers at home and coming up with all sorts of different versions of this recipe.


Easy Gluten Free Rice and Quinoa Cracker Recipe by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
Gluten Free Rosemary, Garlic, Rice and Quinoa Crackers

I pretty much follow the directions and recipe over at My Whole Food Life blog, but with a couple of variations:

  1. I roll out the crackers thicker and do it in one batch instead of two. I like thicker crackers.
  2. After I pull the cookie sheet out of the oven the second time and cut my crackers into squares with a pizza cutter, I turn the oven down to 200 degrees and let the crackers get crunchy on a lower heat. It takes longer but you have more of an even crunch and less opportunity for letting them get too brown.
Here are the variations I've been trying using the recipe over at My Whole Food Life blog as a starting point. Unfortunately, I haven't been doing a lot of measuring but just eye balling some of the ingredients. Have fun!!


Easy Herb Gluten Free Rice and Quinoa Crackers
1 c brown rice
1 c white quinoa
1/4 c sesame seeds
sea salt
rosemary
garlic
coconut oil

Pizza Gluten Free Rice and Quinoa Crackers
1 c brown rice
1 c red quinoa
1 date
3 cloves garlic +
1/2 roma tomato
3 inches of zucchini
basil
oregano
coconut oil
4 sundried tomatoes soaked in hot water
lemon juice
sea salt

Blueberry Tart Gluten Free Rice and Quinoa Crackers
1 c brown rice
1 c red quinoa
3 dates
lemon juice
cinnamon
1 1/2 cups blueberries
coconut oil

Rye Bread Gluten Free Rice and Quinoa Crackers
1 c brown rice
1 c white quinoa
sea salt
caraway seed
garlic
coconut oil

Apple Pie Gluten Free Rice and Quinoa Crackers
1 c brown rice
1 c white quinoa
1 green apple
coconut oil
cinnamon
nutmeg (optional)
dash sea salt
honey

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)