12.04.2013

Free Pattern for Simple Handknitted Ribbed Handwarmers

Free Pattern Simple Handknitted Ribbed Handwarmers by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
Handknitted Ribbed Handwarmers by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry


Winter has arrived, and I desperately needed a new pair of hand warmers for typing at the computer and hunkering down with a good book. I needed them fast so I was looking for a free pattern online that would allow me to use yarn from my stash.

Over at the The Purl Bee by Purl Soho I found this free ribbed hand warmer pattern created by Whit's Knits that's quick and easy to do.


Free Pattern Simple Handknitted Ribbed Handwarmers by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
Handknitted Ribbed Handwarmers by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry


I adapted the pattern for my own needs because I wanted to use worsted wool a heavier weight yarn and size 7 double pointed needles.  I cast on 46 stitches and then joined the round to make a total of 45 stitches, which still allows you to have a 3 x 2 rib pattern.


Free Pattern Simple Handknitted Ribbed Handwarmers by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
Handknitted Ribbed Handwarmers by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry


I also shortened the hand warmer and made it only 8 inches long and rolled up the end to make a cute cuff.

4 comments:

  1. Love the color, Beth!... too bad my knitting skills aren't good. Haven't tried knitting since I was a kid.. dropped too many stitches back then to keep my patience...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for loving the color of this yarn! Haha dropping lots of stitches would put me off too!

      Delete
    2. anytime u need some designated holes, I'm your gal! lol

      Delete
    3. Haha! It's like improvisation lace knitting!!

      Delete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)