12.19.2013

Running Horses Hand Knitted Cable Socks

Running Horses Hand Knitted Cable Socks by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
Running Horses Hand Knitted Cable Socks by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry


I finished my Running Horses hand knitted cable socks just in time for winter!



Running Horses Hand Knitted Cable Socks by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
Running Horses Hand Knitted Cable Socks by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry


These hand knitted socks were tons of fun to make not only because of color pattern created by the yarn but the double cable that went both left and right.



Running Horses Hand Knitted Cable Socks by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
Running Horses Hand Knitted Cable Socks by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry


I'm also digging the contrast between the ribbing in the back and the cables up the front. 



Running Horses Hand Knitted Cable Socks by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
Running Horses Hand Knitted Cable Socks by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry


Also, check out how the reinforced heel creates neat opposing stripes.



Running Horses Hand Knitted Cable Socks by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
Running Horses Hand Knitted Cable Socks by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry


These were enjoyable to knit and are even more delightful to wear!

2 comments:

  1. THOSE do not look hand made!.. wow, my mom would envy your knitting skills.. she never knitted a pair like that.. double cable- this is a first for me... gorgeous job, Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! Thank you for saying such lovely things about my knitting skills. They're easier than they look. Cables have such a powerful impact, but they are a relatively simple technique.

      Delete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)