1.24.2014

Downton In Red One of a Kind January Garnet Birthstone Necklace

Downton in Red January Garnet Birthstone Necklace by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
Downton in Red, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): January garnet birthstone necklace




I'm a woman, Mary. I can be as contrary as I choose. 
- Lady Grantham, The Dowager Countess from Downton Abbey

Downton Abbey Season 4 premiered earlier in January, so I designed this necklace to put me in the mood. 



Downton in Red, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): January garnet birthstone necklace


Looking back through Downton Abbey's costumes I came across this beautiful red dress worn by Lady Mary maybe during Season 2, though I can't be sure. It reminded me of garnet jewels the birthstone for January birthdays, so I wire-wrapped three into a delicate sterling silver chain.



Downton in Red, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): January garnet birthstone necklace


Downton in Red is seemingly fragile but imbued with a tempestuous nature just like Lady Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)