1.29.2014

Endless Love One of a Kind Amethyst February Birthstone Necklace

Endless Love, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): amethyst February birthstone necklace



All I wanted was what I'd already had. That exultation, 
that love. It was my one real home; I was a visitor everywhere else.
- Scott Spencer, Endless Love

A remake of Endless Love is going to hit the movie theaters for Valentine's Day. Though if you've seen the Franco Zeffirelli version from 80s with Brooke Shields, you might be a bit reluctant to see it. Who remembers that train crash?




According to the Scott Spencer the original author of the book Endless Love, the latest installment doesn't serve to inspire. You can read his thoughts by clicking here.


Endless Love, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): amethyst February birthstone necklace


Nevertheless, sometimes film causes us to reach back to the original novel and read for ourselves what the author was trying to communicate. After watching Zeffirelli's bizarre film that's what I did. I checked out Scott Spencer's book Endless Love to see what I had been missing out on.



Endless Love, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): amethyst February birthstone necklace


Was the novel earth shattering? Life changing? Probably not. But what books can do that film seems to lack is the ability to take language and make it memorable.

I never felt so large and important as I did when being in love was everything. 
I saw you walking a foot above the earth and I remembered that was where I used to walk.
- Scott Spencer, Endless Love



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)