1.15.2014

The Legend of Hercules & The Hebe Forever Spring Necklace

Forever Spring, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)


The Legend of Hercules opened in movie theaters last week. I don't know how closely the story follows Greek mythology, but it does appear to be an intense action film that is reminiscent of Gladiator.



Gaia Weiss as Hebe Greek Goddess of Youth, The Legend of Hercules
Gaia Weiss as Hebe Greek Goddess of Youth, The Legend of Hercules


Yes, there is a love interest. Though I'm guessing Hebe the goddess of youth takes a back seat role to all of Hercules' exploits.



Forever Spring, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)


I designed this Forever Spring necklace, imagining ancient Greek jewelry and the essence of youthfulness embodied in the symbol of the goddess Hebe.



Forever Spring, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): sterling silver courage lion charm necklace


For fun I slipped on Hint Jewelry's sterling silver courage lion charm, which is a symbol of Hercules's first labor -- Killing the Nemean Lion.  So here Hercules and Hebe are paired together on one necklace.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)