2.10.2014

Affirmation: Be Forever Grateful

Positive Affirmation Be Forever Grateful by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry



Forever Grateful
by Beth Hemmila

Gratitude burst open,
ripping through my body
like wildfire licking sweet grass,
fastening tight to every piece of me
until all that mattered lifted its wings,
called out, and took flight across a breathless sky.

Have you ever noticed that through the loss of someone you love you experience a gratitude that is more all consuming? It's as if your grief intensifies the gratitude you feel for whatever you lost and magnifies the thankfulness for everything you have in your life right now.

4 comments:

  1. I find it interesting that we have to go thru turmoil in order to appreciate what we have... I've often wondered why I had to learn things so late in life and not earlier?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's been such a surprising insight. I also look back and wish it could have happened sooner.

      Delete
    2. or could it be that if it happened earlier we wouldn't recognize it and learn from it?

      Delete
    3. Good point!! There does seem to be a natural way we grow and open to new wisdom over time.

      Delete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)