2.12.2014

Wild Nevada Hand Knitted Lace Socks

Wild Nevada Hand Knitted Lace Socks by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
wild nevada hand knitted socks


I've started a new pair of hand knitted socks. This time I'm using a lace pattern called Friday Harbor from Nancy Bush's book Knitting on the Road. This type of pattern is a bit of a departure for me, but I've found knitting the yarn overs lots of fun.


Wild Nevada Hand Knitted Lace Socks by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
wild nevada hand knitted socks


The leg has a chevron pattern created by the increases and decreases.


Wild Nevada Hand Knitted Lace Socks by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
wild nevada hand knitted socks


However, I think the most interesting part of the sock is the elaborate cuff creating a scalloped edge at the top of the sock. It's hard to see how intricate it looks, but I hope this sock is blocked it will be revealed.


Wild Nevada Hand Knitted Lace Socks by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
wild nevada hand knitted socks

Lastly, I'm in love with the colors of this yarn. Made by Classic Ellite Yarns this is from their Alpaca Sox line, which is a blend of alpaca, merino wool, and nylon. The yarn is manufactured in Peru and this particular color is #1866. I chose it because the colors remind of the landscape of wild Nevada -- rocks, lichen, sage, blue skies, and pine trees.

2 comments:

  1. You definitely know how to pick colors.. I love this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you love these colors! The mixture really intrigues me too:)

      Delete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)