3.12.2014

Geisha Dreams One of a Kind Necklace

Geisha's Dream One of a Kind Necklace by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
Geisha Dreams, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)


This is why dreams can be such dangerous things: they smolder 
on like a fire does, and sometimes they consume us completely.
- Arthur Golden, Memoirs of a Geisha

Memoirs of a Geisha is one of the few novels that I actually found myself enjoying the movie more because of the costume and set design as well as the gorgeous cinematography. 
 

Geisha's Dream One of a Kind Necklace by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
Geisha Dreams, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)


The design for Geisha Dreams grew out of my desire to pair a silky, blue chalcedony stone from my collection with the color red -- I chose rubies.


Geisha's Dream One of a Kind Necklace by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
Geisha Dreams, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)


The combination of red and turquoise transports me to exotic Asia,



Geisha's Dream One of a Kind Necklace by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
Geisha Dreams, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)

where I imagine the colors from Geisha Dreams in the design of stunning kimono.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)