4.16.2014

Around Again

Sun Valley Regional Park Reno Nevada by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry


Around Again
By Beth Hemmila

Round the roundabout again.
I wait for your skin to slip.
The dial is set on effortless oblivion –
our spin cycle.

Fear is the cord pulling your curtains shut.
But I see through you,
so I am happily tripping around again.
I can wait.
Time to stardust is a whirling dervish dance – 

dizzy pleasure.

In between now and later,
I imagine dropping over waterfalls,
dangling off rock faces,
and flipping through the air.

I am intoxicated, remembering your scent
of stormy days,
bitter earth,
and forgotten trees.

I am hungry firelight,
a drunken siren
Waiting for you,
going around again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)