5.13.2014

Camping at Davis Creek Regional Park & Hiking Ophir Creek Trail

Camping at Davis Creek Regional Park and Hiking Ophir Creek Trail by Beth Hemmila
Ophir Creek Trail, Davis Creek Regional Park, Washoe Valley, Nevada


My plan is to camp a lot around Northern Nevada and Lake Tahoe this summer. I kicked off the season with a quick trip to Davis Creek Regional Park located in Washoe Valley. This is only a 20 minute drive south of Reno, so it's a quick getaway. The only downside is the noise from the highway, but because of it's convenience and beauty I'd do it again.


Camping at Davis Creek Regional Park and Hiking Ophir Creek Trail by Beth Hemmila
Ophir Creek Trail, Davis Creek Regional Park, Washoe Valley, Nevada


Davis Creek Regional Park is heavily wooded and features the beautiful Ophir Creek trail, which winds up a canyon into the Sierra Nevada mountain range.


Camping at Davis Creek Regional Park and Hiking Ophir Creek Trail by Beth Hemmila
Ophir Creek Trail, Davis Creek Regional Park, Washoe Valley, Nevada


Here's a picture of Ophir Creek.


Camping at Davis Creek Regional Park and Hiking Ophir Creek Trail by Beth Hemmila
Davis Creek Regional Park, Washoe Valley, Nevada


I love my new REI Dash 2 tent! It's incredibly light and easy to setup. 
Plus it's got two entrances -- one on each side with vestibules for storage.


Camping at Davis Creek Regional Park and Hiking Ophir Creek Trail by Beth Hemmila



Lastly, it was fun to finally build a campfire and relax under the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)