5.05.2014

The Sentinel

The Sentinel by Beth Hemmila
hunter lake trail

The Sentinel
by Beth Hemmila

Sent away
Exiled
Separated by distance
It feels like I'm serving a life sentence
in the most beautiful prison imaginable.

Dancing and dreams are my fellow inmates,
Boredom my confinement and
waiting my justice.

But when I'm paroled,
I promise
I promise to be the last one out the door.

With the fire raging behind us and
singeing your heels
I'll be there
Standing watch
Stretching out my hand for yours
Waiting to pull you through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)