8.29.2014

Mind & Body Wellness: Synergy & Yoga

Mind and Body Wellness Synergy and Yoga by Beth Hemmila

I could hear my heart beating. I could hear everyone's heart. I could hear the human noise 
we sat there making. Not one of us moving. Not even when the room went dark. 
- Raymond Carver, What We Talk About When We Talk About Love

One of my favorite reasons for doing yoga as a group is that feeling of working together in unison. This kind of collective action creates an indescribable energy in the room. It creates synergy where the combination of many parts into a whole is more powerful than if the pieces were left alone.

Participants don't speak during a Bikram yoga class -- only the teacher. However, through our bodies moving in time with each other and the feeling of our hearts beating as one, you can sense the power of our human noise and that together as a group we are crafting love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)