3.11.2015

Free DIY Arts & Crafts Tutorial: Clay Rattles & Double Pinch Pot Animals



This video shows you how to put two pinch pots together to make a clay rattle. You can also use this double pinch pot method as the basis for sculptures such as animals and figurines.

For a video on how to create a pinch pot click here.
For a video on things you can make with a pinch pot click here. 

The following three clay sculpture projects -- Despicable Me Minion, fish, and Angry Bird -- were all created using the double pinch pot method. 

Clay Despicable Me Minion Sculpture by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
Clay Despicable Me Minion Sculpture, Beth Hemmila





Clay Fish Sculpture by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
Clay Fish Sculpture, Beth Hemmila





Clay Angry Bird Sculpture by Beth Hemmila of Hint Jewelry
Clay Angry Bird Sculpture, Beth Hemmila

2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying your tutorials.. I can't participate since I lack the equipment... These little guys remind me of Disney characters... are u taking a break from your jewelry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been teaching art lately so jewelry has been on the back burner for awhile. I hope to get back to designing things in the spring and summer.

      Delete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)